Omoton Bluetooth Keyboard
Now that the dust settled (somewhat) and we got into a routine of things, I will be posting more. I do have a few Gs of data per month, and I’ll be using them to post more on my blog.
No, I won’t be on Facebook, much. While the app and messenger are horrendous data hogs, the website isn’t much better. I suspect it’s the large images and ads, but I blow through a lot of data when I’m on there.
Take heart, I will be on when we go to the library, although I use that opportunity to post to my story blog (here, if anyone is interested). However my time is limited so even though I do check my notifications and stalk a few friends, I still won’t be posting there much.
It will still be crazy for the next few weeks as Mike starts working tomorrow. Financially, we are still very tight, but with someone helping with the house payments (thanks, Jon) and the fact that we no longer have a car or camper payment, we can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.
The electrical technician came in this morning and finally got our power up and running.
It was kind of difficult. We had to rotate though all of the power hogs. I would start the generator and plug in all of the rechargeable devices first, but I wouldn’t startcoffee maker for a half hour.
The fridge and freezer would take all of the power trying to catch up from being off for a few hours. Then the water heater would take all of the power, so for the most part, I would boil water for cleaning and dishes to save the trouble of running the generator for forty minutes, just for a few gallons of hot water. We did run it all day Saturday for showers.
The lights work just fine thanks to the fact that like all campers, the lights ran on battery… the very battery we just replaced a few months ago.
The lights would charge every time the generator was on, but I convinced the kids that we should use the lights only for emergencies. They went to bed early. I guess this was a good thing, considering I would also go to bed early, as even time on my laptop was limited to battery power… and Ethan would use most of it.
Anyway, that particular crisis is over. On to the next one. This one may not be avoided, but I get into more details when I have more details.
Posted from WordPress for Android
It was difficult to take a decent picture in the dark. What Mike was rolling over the rug looks almost like cling wrap with a sticky side. It’s supposed to help protect the rug from paint drips. We aren’t painting, but thought that it would work for kid drips (and drops) as well.
It was in the 80s today. It’s supposed to go down to the 20s. Talk about extreme temperature change.
Mike bought some siding insulation to insulate the underside of the camper. We no longer will have to worry about our pipes… sort of.
It’s not as extensive as the pantry in the house, but at least now I won’t have to go shopping every other day, well, except for milk and veggies.